Sunday, February 18

Thankful!

Dear Diary,

I am extremely thankful and as my coworker used to say "Blessed and Highly Favored!" WoW! I have been working on my JAWS article for literally 16 months. Luckily, I've found an editor who completely understands and values my unconventional comparison of the rising cost of journals with the horror movie Jaws, about the Great White Shark.

I was under the impression that she fully intended to publish the final revised version, but had not been able to reach her for the last few months. So I decided to call her and she was at the airport. I felt as though I may be pestering her was really hoping that did not make her think I was like a psycho. She just said we'd discuss it over email and politely ended the call. I am completion oriented and dedicated to follow through. I was in a state of near panic after making that call, and kept second guessing myself. But I had not received any replies to a few emails which was uncharacteristic of her. So I was unsure if my emails were getting through.

Well today I got her latest revision and it was utterly complimentary. And I agreed with the revisions she suggested so hopefully Jaws is that much closer to being published. This has been an arduous process and I have definitely invested my maximum creative ability into drawing the parallels between the movie script in Jaws and my re-written Jaws which transplants the Great White Shark into the library. Phew!