Friday, February 9

Busy Little Bee

Dear Diary,

Well today has been sort of hectic but in a good way. I have been working with my Emerging Leaders team on our project and I volunteered to head the Poster Session we need to present at ALA's Annual Conference in June.

We are in the research phase and reviewing a few blogs in addition to conducting Lit Reviews, such as the Office for Intellectual Freedom Blog as well as the Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters blog.

I proctored a two-hour workshop on RefWorks today and have a lot more of those in the next few weeks. But the participants really see the value in RefWorks and that is fantastic.

I finally posted our RefWorks commercial on YouTube.

Oh and I was invited for an interview! Yippee!
That is exciting and scary at the same time. I am flattered that the interviewing process has been rather fast paced, but at the same time it reminds me of the reality that my Residency is coming to an end. So it is bittersweet. On the bright side, the weather where my interview will be held is currently 56 degrees compared to Notre Dame's 5 degrees and snowing...Just trying to look on the bright side of everything :)
*
After further communication, I learned that the maximum I could be reimbursed by the proposed interview personnel was well below the amount of expenses I would incur. So I will be unable to interview for that position.
*
But in the mean time, I scheduled another phone interview with another hiring professional at a 3rd institution.