Saturday, February 17

Happy Accident

Dear Diary,

While revising my Pirate class to include RefWorks I realized that it would be beneficial to demonstrate the tutorials but they are awfully slow-paced. So I recalled that I can make my own recordings on the SMART Board and Viola! I paused and resumed the recordings cutting out the down time. I was able to narrate the tutorials because I narrate them in my dreams. Ha! I happened to mention it to my manager and she sorta shared that with some of our fellow instructors who thought that was a helpful idea and a useful product, especially for a limited amount of time. Yay!

Another bit of (potentially) good news is that our library just posted a job limited to internal candidates. Wow! That is huge because all of the vacant positions have to go into a "pool" and be re-purposed to fit the overall needs of the library, etc... It is a very intense process. The timing it great so I applied for that position along with a few others. I have had a couple of telephone interviews and I have an actual on-campus interview in the next month. My friend warned me to stop discussing my job search so openly because my managers may find out! Ha!

I told her I appreciate her looking out for me, but that most of my managers have written a few Reference Letters for me this month, so if they don't know that I've been talking to other potential employers, I've got big problems. But I do recall the days of sneaking around trying to conduct covert interview operations. I prefer this way.

Everyone encourages me by saying that I want to keep all options open. But I am really impressed by a handful of the jobs I've spoken with hiring professionals about. So that leads to the inevitable...."What happens if/when I get multiple offers?" My manager keeps saying the real fun begins after I get my first offer....do I take it and run? Or do I wait? God-help me!