Sunday, January 22

Professor Smith I Presume

Dear Diary,

I am just tickled pink with every email addressed to Professor Smith from my students in my Chem 23202 class. I was pleased at how the 1st week went. The only feedback from my manager was that I favor the right side of the room. I think I looked both ways, but will accept all feedback and make sure I am doing the best I can.

I am in charge of my class and while I plan to keep the two session similar, I have carte blanche with my class. I explained to my manager I personally am more concerned with imparting knowledge to the students as opposed to deducting points for minor mistakes or things that are clearly typos, etc...But I have to balance that desire with ensuring the student's being motivated to strive their best. I ascribe to the Montessori Model Ideals, personally, but again ..."When in Rome...or Notre Dame."



Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
- Socrates

I never teach my pupils;
I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.
- Einstein