Monday, January 30

How Many Hours in a Day?

Dear Diary,

I graded my first set of assignments over the weekend, it took easily 7 hours.

Today I am preparing for my next class. I also finally was able to edit the IDR website using Macromedai Contribute.

I will need to attend a meeting sooner or later for the IDT team, but realistically I am wondering how much longer I will be able to work on the IDR team. Especially since I am working on the Diversity committee for the Summer High School Program.

Perhaps, I will make a decision this week as to just how thin I can realistically stretch myself. I just cannot possibly imagine teaching more than the one session that I have. I was originally scheduled to teach 2 classes. Yikes!

The way I figure it a typically week for me this quarter will go something like:

Mondays
Mornings = Weekly meeting to prepare for class with my manager usually until afternoon
Afternoons = Grade Papers

Tuesdays
Mornings = Grade Papers
Afternoons = Class and review success make needed adjustments for my class Thursday

Wednesdays
Mornings = Prepare for class, print out handouts and review lecture
Afternoons = Office Hours

Thursdays
Mornings = Finalize class prep
Afternoons = Class and Office Hours

Fridays
Mornings = Diversity Committee Meetings (bi-weekly) & Grade Papers
Afternoons = Practice next week's homework, make necessary adjustments

Naturally in the mean time and in-between time, there are student questions as well, usually on the weekends. So I make time each weekend to answer those.