Thursday, January 4

It's Official...I'm a Star!

Dear Diary,

I made my very first movie this morning. We shot our RefWorks commercial. Yipee! Now I can say we are halfway through. It is in editing. I think this may have been the funniest filming session ever. The camera man fell off of the dolly we were trying to create the illusion of moving. There were some who did not study their lines or run their lines as we say in the business....like I had done so we had a few re-takes. It should be noted that the entire commercial had maybe 8 (1-line) scripts. So there was no real need to study the lines. We muddled through and one cast member suggested we keep the out takes and send them to America's Funniest Home Videos or use them in our DVD set as Special Features.

Naturally, I came down the Flu yesterday and had to get up early and be in character... as they say, "The show must go on!" I still think the actor who played the Citation Cop could have played all the characters. We are all quite silly but he is really silly!

My nephew is still on winter break so he had the pleasure of attending the 8 am filming. He is actually an extra in the commercial which he is very excited about. He is convinced that this is a "TYPICAL DAY in the LIFE of a LIBRARIAN! "

I am now able to concentrate some more of my energy on my next pet project, my Blog! No not this Blog, my Blog for "New" Electronic Resources.