Friday, August 11

Looking Forward to Being the "Pirate Teacher"

Dear Diary,

I am really looking forward to working with my new departments. I have total creative control over my instruction sessions without limitations and I do not have to stick to conventional methods. Watch Out! Ha!

I met with my manager from Collection Development yesterday at 9 to finalize the changes they suggested to out Evaluation Report. Done!

Next I met with my new team members and manager in the Electronic Resources Department and I am gonna love this group. We are kindred spirits, what they call "Contrarians." It will be so nice to have others who love to be "contrary" to the group. Phew!

Finally I met with my manager in Library Instruction to go over the basics I will need to cover for the first year students. Piece of cake. I just learned how to use the SmartBoard and couldn't be more excited. I can hardly wait to flesh out my Pirate & Searching for Buried Treasure (information) Themed-activities!
*
*
RRRRR ... I love my job!