Tuesday, June 27

Ugh...Get Off Me!

Dear Diary,

My mentee and my adopted-mentee went to the Rec Center yesterday to blow off some steam. We had a pretty stressful day dealing with some unpleasantries.
I think it is vital that young ladies leaving home for the first time be completely aware of the dangers out in the big bad world and more importantly how to effectively deal with troubling situations.

So we went to workout to build muscles to enable them to defend themselves. We played B-Ball and they got to witness my skills, and my signature move when I get the rebound, I hug the ball and scream:

"Ugh...get off me!"

As a little girl growing up in "Da Hood" I watched a lot of street ball. That animated reaction to getting the ball always tickled me and basically was the only thing I remember about playing basketball.

The game with me and my mentees was funny...
I still don't see why the game itself is fun?

Naturally now I am sore. But I have not laughed that hard in a long time.
*
*
Today I gathered the students after getting their NetIDs and passwords, so they could have one-on-one sessions on how to access Webmail.

Since most people are at ALA, I have been checking on the students to make sure they are alright. There were no concerns, other than one student used a librarian's bike to get around campus, but that bike was stolen. Doh! The worker feels so badly but it was not their fault.