Tuesday, May 16

Working It...At A Girl!

Dear Diary,

Today I spent an hour at the reference desk at the main library. It seems big and scary, but it is just like riding a bicycle. I retrieved a book from the lower level in answering a Chat request. I took a patron to the Interlibray Loan department to locate a missing book that she was told had arrived. I answered a telephone request for an employee helping her grade school child with an assignment. I referred her to a public library since our collection is not an appropriate reading level for a young child. Besides we did not have books on Kodiak Bears specifically.

I also reviewed the books that arrived as a result of our Approvals Plan. I reviewed the forms for books that did not make the list.

We received really nice comments on our ILF presentation in April, including:

*Great program;
*Knowledgeable personable inspiring presenters-best program all day.
*This was the most interesting and informative session-could be a repeat next year in the morning.
*Wonderful panel with great topics and presentations.
*Would make a great workshop next year.
*This session was the best ILF conference sessions I’ve attended.
*Very useful, practical information, stimulating, thought provoking discussion-thank you!
*You did a great job and I hope we can work together again next year.

I got mostly "Excellent" reviews from my student Total Course Evaluations as well...I am so excited and thankful for this opportunity to shine.